Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Self-evaluation: Four Steps to an Encounter with Jesus

Do you remember the moment your realized you needed a Savior? What about the revelation of who He is? I have to be honest, I had to take a step back and evaluate those things in my life and walk with the Lord.  Have I ever been confronted face to face with Jesus? If I can't remember that, what am I lacking in my relationship with Jesus?
Self-evaluation of these things is a good thing! It reminds us of where we came from, what we know beyond our head knowledge of God, and builds up our faith to share that Jesus is our Lord and Savior with others.
Consider these four steps:


Confrontation: The realization that we are sinners and are in need of a Savior
Revelation: Knowing by divine revealing who He is
Acknowledgement: No denying His authority in our lives
Confession: Confessing our sins and need for Jesus as our Savior; sharing with others

Do you remember when each of those times occurred in your life? Ask the Lord to remind you or if they haven't yet happened, pray for each of those steps to come into your life today!

You CAN have a successful encounter with Jesus!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment