Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement

Homeschooling Mama, are you feeling overwhelmed by some of the subjects your child has to be taught...by YOU?! Well, don't stress about this area because I know that God puts people in our lives for a reason. I am proof that even when you don't like a particular subject (for me, it's MATH!), God will bring someone into your path that can and will help you by filling that void.
Math and I have never really been best friends. More like that friend you want to like, but you just don't quite understand so it's easier just to ignore...I digress. So a couple of friends of mine who absolutely LOVE math began meeting with kids from our church to tutor them in--MATH! It was then, and has been nearly two years later, such a blessing to me! These people are God sends!


On the other hand, one subject I really do enjoy is English and language arts. Well, I never dreamed that God would use me in a similar manner to help tutor some of my children's friends in everything from basic language arts to college level literature and English! I am in such a wonderful place with these kids and being able to share what I like with them in a way they can relate to and fully understand.

So when you hit those science or math or English levels and you just don't know where to turn, trust the Lord to bring the right people into your life to help. After all, isn't that what we're called to do for our brethren?

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment