Monday, March 16, 2015

New Week, New Mercies

I don't know about you, but I had a pretty tough week. I had an attitude problem with some people, treated a few harsher than they deserved, and I didn't sleep well so I allowed myself to be cranky toward the ones I love. At one point, I felt as though I had disappointed God so deeply that I could not even think about coming to Him about my behavior.

But then I re-read this verse:


See, even if I screwed up the way I should have acted, things I should have said and the amount of time I should have spent in the Word and repenting for my actions yesterday, His mercies are new every morning. It's like getting an opportunity to start over each day. And this time, I get to choose how I react to those people who I allowed to annoy me, choose to be gentler to others even if they are harsh to me, and to not make excuses for my own stinking attitude and behavior toward my family.

This is a new week and that means His mercies start new TODAY...and TOMORROW AND the next day!!

Whatever happened yesterday, whatever shortcomings you feel you had (real or perceived), His mercies are new to us so we can start over fresh.

Make a choice to not let what happened yesterday condemn you today...His mercies are new to you and me--TODAY!!

Lyn~



No comments:

Post a Comment