Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

The past few weeks I've struggled with life in general. Things I've not talked about that I've kept bottled up, things that weigh heavy on me, and things that have kept me up at night. But in each instance, each time I begin to feel that troubling spirit come over me, I turn to the Word of God. I have to because nothing else, no one else, can give me peace like hearing the Word and getting it into my spirit. 

When we are faced with trials, when things are overwhelming us, the best thing, the most important thing we can do is to turn to the Bible. You may think that the Bible doesn't have anything to say about your particular situation. But it does! Nothing happening in the world now or ever is new to God! So there isn't anything that God hasn't dealt with or doesn't have the solution for in your life and mine.

Derek Prince gave these guidelines for knowing where we place value in God's Word:


God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It's a good thing to stick it out through the hard times. When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst. 

Keep the Word. Keep Him first in your life, in your focus each day. Your breakthrough is coming! Just hold on to His promises and see!


Have a blessed weekend!

Lyn~


No comments:

Post a Comment