Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement

Do you have trouble staying on target with your homeschooling? Do your children sometimes forget their assignments? Something I'm frequently asked about in homeschooling is how I manage to stay focused. Well, the honest answer is that I don't, not always. But to keep myself on track with homeschooling, I buy yearly planners for myself and my kids at the start of each school year. This way, the kids can write down all their important events, activities, and assignments in one place. I also keep my own calendar and planner. 

Every time I can write things down, I get at least two opportunities to look at the important information. I Plan it, then write it down, and look at it again at the beginning of the week and each day. If we keep our plans in front of us, we are more likely to remember them and to complete them. Kind of like Habakkuk 2:2 says, "Write the vision, and make it plain." We can certainly apply this verse to almost everything we do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, right? 

Your planner doesn't have to be fancy, and if you haven't yet started your school year with planners for either yourself or your kids, it's not too late, it's NEVER too late! Start today, start this week, but start! Write things down. Get a planner or a clipboard and start writing down the things you need to do in your homeschool this week. Encourage your kids to do the same. If they can't write, help plan with pictures!

Soon you'll be seeing your homeschooling days in focus more and more!


Have a blessed week!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment