Monday, October 17, 2016

What Are You Saying?

This past weekend I had the pleasure of hearing a wonderful motivational speaker, Terri Savelle Foy, at her annual Icing event. There were many things that she passed along, but one that hit home for me. She asked, "Why do we focus on what we don't want instead of what we do want?" She asked how many times we've said something like, "I don't want to get sick. I don't want to be fat. I don't want to work in this job I don't like, why can't something good like that happen to me?" Why do we seem to focus on those sorts of things? Those are actually negative declarations!

We need to train ourselves to focus on the positive instead. The Word says to speak those things that do not exist as though they do. We have to fight those negative thoughts and words, and we do that with positive declarations. Where you are right now, isn't where you're supposed to stay! So how can we move in the direction of our dreams and those things we want?

1. Learn to be grateful. Keep a gratitude journal and write down the things that you are grateful for, the things the Lord has blessed you with each day.
2. Learn to encourage yourself at all times. For example, if you want to be a writer you might say out loud every day: I am a great writer. I write books that attract publishers. My books impact other people in a positive way. People are encouraged by my stories and want to buy more and more of my books!

These are just examples, but I think you get the idea. You can apply that to anything you want to do in life from weight loss to finances to ministry to launching a business!

Joyce Meyer says, "Always live according to your vision, never according to your eyes." Remember, we walk by faith not by sight! We have to believe in the dark what the Lord has told us in the light. Hang on to His promises. Declare what God says about you and your success. When you fall, arise! When you are faced with darkness, the Lord will be a light to you!


Have a blessed week!

Lyn~

1 comment:

  1. Preach!! It was an awesome weekend, and, for me, life changing

    ReplyDelete