Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

We've talked a lot about vision boards and making goals. The goals we make--and write down--we're more apt to achieve. A year ago, I wrote out some goals that I wanted to accomplish. Below are the Top Ten Goals for 2016 I made and some that I missed. It's not that those goals weren't God-goals or weren't meant to be accomplished, but maybe the timing wasn't right. So let's see how my year went:

I worked with youth, I'm continuing my Master's degree, getting ready to publish one book, took those three family vacations with family (one trip with my dad and sister, one with 2 grandsons and 3 youngest kids, and one with the whole family), became a state public affairs representative, and had nearly $1,000 of credit card debt forgiven! Praise the Lord for those successes!

Of course there were things that I didn't accomplish either. Our women's ministry is still a work in progress, I was not able to increase my income, I didn't publish 2 books (just the one above), I didn't get to Canada this year, and my husband and I didn't get to take that missions trip to Germany and Poland. But everything is in God's perfect timing. Just because they didn't happen this year, doesn't mean they won't ever happen. That's the same for your goals that were missed this year. 

Don't get down on yourself for not accomplishing those things either! We have to rely on God's direction for seeing the vision to completion, not our own power! Remember, even if you only hit SOME of your goals, you were successful! If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time. I'd rather aim for 100% and hit 50% than not aim for anything at all!

What were your goals last year? Are you planning to make goals for 2017? I'd love for you to share them with me and my team so we can pray over them!

Have a great weekend!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment