Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday 'Fess Up

This week, I was met with many challenges and trials. My knowledge was challenged and even the content I posted on my youth organization's Facebook page was questioned. Well, dear sisters, I'm human. I privately emailed the person in charge and told her of the things that had been done to me. Then, I stepped away from the organization. Sadly, I did let my emotions rule me in those moments I was composing the email. However, I have forgiven those involved, and I'm moving on. I have a renewed peace and freedom in stepping away, and I'm now ready for whatever the Lord asks of me next.

Maybe you've been taking a lot recently. Maybe you believe that, as a Christian, it's your duty to be a doormat and to allow yourself to be walked all over. Sister, let me assure that is not the case! We don't have to fight battles because the Lord will fight for us. If we react in anger, as I did, I think we need to humble ourselves, admit the wrong, and ask forgiveness. We're human. We react, we speak, we more than likely regret what was said, sometimes we get angry, not with people but more the situation. There is forgiveness for us in the Lord. It is in these times we must strive to be more Christ-like.


Today, I am committing to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. What area do you need to practice this verse?

Have a blessed weekend!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment