Monday, March 20, 2017

Redeeming Our Time: A Friday 'Fess Up On Monday

This past week was very stressful for me, more than usual. I'm not just talking about the normal busyness that I live in but those "Oh! I didn't realize that was an all day thing or that this assignment was due THIS Sunday" kind of stressful. 

I missed posting the "Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement," and I realized on Friday night when a friend mentioned how much she loved reading my "Friday 'Fess Up" series that I hadn't posted that either! Then I learned late Thursday that an assignment I thought was due next Sunday was really do this past Sunday! On top of that, an event I had committed to back in January turned out to be an all-day event, not just a 9 a.m. to noon thing like I thought. I could literally feel the hours in my weekend being stolen from me!! Have you ever felt like that?

Well, today, I want to confess to you that I did something on Sunday afternoon that I should have been doing this whole week: I sought the Lord--FIRST--today. I know, I know! Some of you are thinking, "DUH! Why didn't she do that in the first place?" Well, sometimes, we just get so fixed in doing life and going through the motions of all we have to do, that we forget that we need to intentionally seek the Lord.

You know what happened yesterday when I set time aside to be with the Lord? He redeemed my time so I was able to finish that assignment ON TIME, I made it through a successful event on Saturday, and here I am writing a sort of double-duty post! It's amazing what the Lord will do for you and help you accomplish when you simply seek Him first, isn't it?


What have you seen the Lord do in your life when you put Him first?

I hope you all have a great week! Catch me again on Wednesday for "Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement" where we'll be talking about assessment testing and the homeschooler!

Have a blessed week!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment