Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday 'Fess Up

When you put first things first, the enemy will immediately begin attacking you! He's jealous of God. He wants to distract you from focusing on the Lord and will stop at nothing to keep you from fulfilling what God has called you to do for His kingdom.

We daily have to battle distractions that aim to take our focus off the Lord, off of our goals, and off our productive plans for the day. How many times have we said that we were going to purpose to eat correctly? What about those times we've said we would begin working out more regularly? And devotional time we promised the Lord and ourselves that we would put first? How often have those things taken a back burner or have we gotten to the end of our day only to realize those things we set out to accomplish, we had forgotten about?

I'm so guilty of all of the above! That's my confession to you today. I found this true this week in two areas: my devotions and my workouts. I'd get to the end of the day, getting ready for bed, and sit and get a bit bummed that I was only now remembering the devotion and the workout that I had planned to make a first priority each day this week. I began to beat myself up about forgetting time with the Lord. 


But that's not what the Lord does to us! His Word says that His mercies are new every morning! So, if your week turned out much like mine, don't get upset, don't beat yourself up about it, and don't stop aiming for those goals! Know that tomorrow is a new day, and it is our opportunity to begin being intentional again.

Have a blessed weekend!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment