Thursday, May 4, 2017

Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement

As a homeschooler, I often found myself bound by the textbooks and workbooks my children needed to work through each year. I saw their incomplete work as a bit of a failure on my part, and I believed I was letting them down by not finishing each year. The reality was (and still is!) that they are getting far more in their education than the textbooks. They are getting real world experiences, some of them now also get real work experience as part of their schooling, too!

Two weeks ago, my youngest daughter and I were on a trip to visit my best friend (the one who is like a sister to me that I mentioned in a previous post!). We went to the zoo in the area, a crocodile farm, the beach, and a space center! My daughter was getting an advanced version of school for the next week that her brothers didn't, but there is so much more that she was able to learn on those field trips than she could learn by reading or working in a book.
(C) SuperMom the Illusion 2017
Where could you go that would give your children a more in depth look at a topic (or several topics!) that isn't like traditional schooling? Always look for opportunities for your children to learn and for you to teach!! They're out there--I guarantee it!!


Have a great week!


Lyn~


No comments:

Post a Comment