Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday 'Fess Up

If you're like me, there are certain events and activities in which you have chosen to give of your time and talents. Sometimes it is for something you are passionate about. Other times, it is for an event or activity or ongoing meeting that you feel as though you have to do, often because there is no one else to do it, so you feel it is your duty to take up that burden.

I'm so guilty of that! I love doing things for my church family, that's not ever an issue for me. I feel that it's part of my calling to work with my pastors and others on things for the Kingdom, like renovating a decades old building into a bright, welcoming, modern gathering place for God's people. But other things pull at me for my time and talent. I enjoy working for the youth organization in which I volunteer. However, I often find myself wondering if this is a part of God's plan for my life right now or if it's just something I'm doing to do for me. 

My heart has certainly not been in working in the organization the past few months. I have let deadlines slide, put off attending meetings, and somewhat withdrew myself from most of the activities of the organization. But I must confess that the Lord has been dealing with me on this. You see, He put me there for a reason. And even if I put myself in the organization, He is still going to use my work there for His benefit! The Scripture says, "Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men" (Colossians 3:23).

If you're feeling as though your heart just isn't in your work, I want to encourage you to do it for the Lord rather than for men. See if you don't notice a change in your attitude! The joy of the Lord is your strength!


Have a great weekend!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment