Monday, July 28, 2014

Moments with Moms

This article was originally posted in October 2011. But the message is still timely. I hope you remember to spend time with the women in your life and allow yourself to be something beyond "mom"!

Today, I spent the afternoon with one of my best friends I have made since moving to Florida.  I have known her for less than 10 months, but I feel as though I've known her for years!  We have so many things in common and are different in so many ways, too.  We know lots of things about each other and still just a little.  But we are sisters in the Lord and I believe that God put us together for a reason.  And the fact that it feels as though we've known each other for so much longer than we actually I have I am convinced is because of our like-mindedness in Christ.

I heard someone mention that soul mates don't exist for Christians because that would indicate that a part of us was really missing and that God didn't construct us in that manner.  I agree with that!  I also agree that when sisters and brothers in the Lord are literally put in each others paths by God, they experience a familiarity and comfort with each other because of a communing of our spirits.
Today, I had a latte with my wonderful friend, got soup at one of our favorite restaurants, bought goodies for our puppies and spent time with each other being something other than MOM!  Don't neglect your time with the moms and women the Lord has placed in your life.  You each have something the other one needs today and only you can share that!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment