Thursday, March 14, 2013

Q&A with Alyssa Avant: Faith Leaps: The Christian Moms Guide to Passion, Purpose and Profits


I am so excited to be a part of the Launch Team for Alyssa Avant's book, "Faith Leaps: The Christian Moms Guide to Passion, Purpose, and Profits"!  Tuesday, Alyssa held the official launch and today, I'm sharing my interview with her.  This book will present you with beneficial tools to discovering your passion, finding your purpose with that passion and how to make a profit from that passion!


What inspired you to write your first book?  The reason I wrote the book is that I dealt with a lot of trial and error and struggles in my journey and wanted to help others to see that they weren't alone in their own struggles and journey.  

What books have most influenced your life most?  The Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado,  If you Want to Walk on Water by John Ortberg are my favorites, both of which I reference in my book.
  
If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?  I really appreciate the writing of Elizabeth George, I have read all of her books and she writes in a very conversational tone which I attempted to do as well.  
What book are you reading now?  I am currently reading The Same Kind of Different as Me. 

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?  I have been reading a lot from Shelley Hintz because she writes on topics of self-publishing and has been a mentor to me in this area.  

What are your current projects?  My current focus is the book launch, but next on my plate is to revitalize my Beauty by Design Ministries blog (http://beautybydesignonline.com) God has truly renewed my passion for it.  

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?  You know, I don't think I would.  

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?  My biggest challenge is to not over think things.  I am a perfectionist, therefore I could rewrite things to death. 

Who designed the covers?  Christine Dupre 

What was the hardest part of writing your book?  Editing!  I didn't think that process would ever be over.  

Did you learn anything from writing your book (about yourself, the overall writing process, publishing, etc.) and what was it?  I absolutely did.  I learned just how much fear was holding me back from in my life.  It was a faith leap in itself to even publish the book.  I was so afraid of the "what ifs".  

Visit:  Amazon.com to purchase Alyssa's book!!


1 comment:

  1. Lynn, Thanks for hosting the book tour! It makes me look even more forward to doing it myself later in the month. I love your blog name. :)

    ReplyDelete