Tuesday, March 26, 2013

You've Reached Your Goals--Now What?!

When Vision Board Dreams, Goals, and Visions Are Reached

Last year our church women's group was challenged with creating our own vision boards.  These boards were to include things that we felt the Lord leading us into and stretched our faith that they would, or even could, be accomplished.  I have discussed vision boards before and you can read the article on them HERE.  On our vision boards we include the things that the Lord has put on our hearts to accomplish in a measurable amount of time in a measurable manner.  For example, one thing on my vision board is writing a novel and having it published by the end of 2013.  Guess what?  I'm getting ready to DO that!  And several more things that I had placed on my vision board are coming to pass, too.

So what do you do when you reach those goals that you originally placed on your vision board?  Well, you create new goals that add to the original vision!  What I mean is that while I'm going to be publishing these books this year (I believed for just 2 books published, and I believe now that I'll have at least six!) I'm not simply checking that off or removing that vision from the board.  Instead, I'm going to add to it how many books I'll write, speaking engagements I'll schedule, trips to other states that I will write about, etc. I will build on what the Lord has shown me and how I can increase the Kingdom through the talents and tools HE'S given me.

Guidelines for Vision Boards:

  • Don't take something off of your board.  Once you put it on, leave it and complete it!
  • Pray about what sorts of pictures, words, phrases, and Scriptures to put on your vision board and ask the Lord how they fit in with your vision.
  • Include a way to measure the accomplishment. (For example, I will write two books by the end of 2013 OR I will learn a foreign language by September 2014. You get the idea!)
When you've added so much to your board that it's literally and figuratively full, make another board!  Terri Savelle Foy makes a new list every year, but her vision board in her office is for her lifelong vision.  Consider which goals are lifelong and which are short term, like when I write my books this year (short term) and when I schedule speaking engagements (long term or ongoing).

Remember, Habakkuk 2:2 says: "Write the vision plain on paper so that you can see it in your comings and goings." And Proverbs 29:18 says "where there is no vision, the people perish."  
So if you have never created a vision board, start today!  And if you have one and are seeing things come to pass on it, renew it, add to it, and enhance those visions!!

For more information about creating a vision board, visit Terri Savelle Foy's Website:  www.terri.com.

Blessings!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment