Monday, September 15, 2014

Expecting the Favor of the Lord

Over the weekend, my youngest son was playing football with his friends. Long story short, he landed wrong on his wrist and felt that something might be wrong. I was out picking my older daughter up from dance rehearsal and when I got home, my 17-year-old son told me what happened. I knew the only way to tell for sure if it was broken was to go to the Emergency Department and have it x-rayed.

Now let me just say, we don't often get sick, hurt or injured to the extreme of needing to be seen by a doctor, let alone needing to go to the ER. Although I used to be an EMT, I am not a big fan of this department in the hospital, and unfortunately, that weekend night was no different. The triage nurse informed us they were "backed up with tons of people," obviously an exaggeration, but I began to pray that we would be called back to a room sooner than anticipated. Thankfully, we were called back ahead of a few people who had come in before us! That was the favor of the Lord, and I knew it!

How often do we find a parking place toward the front of the grocery store when we want one? And when we find that great spot, how often do we stop and acknowledge it as God's favor? What about when we're waiting in line and our line goes a little faster than we expected? Or a job is offered when we were in need that fit perfectly with what we've been wanting? Or what about when someone says, "Well, I don't normally do this, but for you, I will"? That's the favor of the Lord working in your life! The favor that we should be expecting because we hare His children.

This week, I want to focus on this aspect of the Favor of the Lord:

The favor of the Lord brings me prominence and preferential treatment. (Esther 2:7-10).


When that great parking place is open, that's preferential treatment!
When a job is offered to you that aligns perfectly with what you've wanted, that's prominence!
When you're waiting in the Emergency Department to be seen among several sick and injured, but your name (or the name of the person you brought in!) is called sooner than expected, that's preferential treatment!

In this series, we'll explore some of the aspects of the Favor of the Lord so that we can begin walking in that expectation of God's unexpected favor in our lives!

And my young son, the new 13-year-old young man, broke his wrist...This week I will call the orthopedic doctor to set up an appointment to get his hard cast put on. And I'm expecting God's favor on us as we call to get in sooner than we expected!

Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment