Thursday, September 4, 2014

Serving and Helping Others

Stop Making Excuses for Why You Can't


The past few weeks I've been helping my sister pack her house for a local move. I wasn't sure there was much I could do since I had been recovering from foot surgery since June, but I went over and started to pack a few boxes. The next time I went over, I was able to pack more than the time before and soon, many of the areas she really needed help with were done. Then came the day to move everything to the new house!
Again, I wasn't sure what I could do since there was a lot of up and down stairs involved. But I was able to do so much more than I could have imagined! God gave me strength to help beyond what I thought I was capable of and I know that my willingness played a part in that. You see, I could have just said, "No, I can't help because I don't know what I can do (what my limitations would be, if I would experience any pain, if I might hinder further recovery, etc.). But I believe that since I didn't use any sort of excuses about my physical abilities, the Lord gave me the endurance I needed to help my sister and brother-in-law and together with a few other friends, we were able to get the job done!
The Scripture says, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5, NKJV).

Don't be afraid to step out and give of yourself a little more. You many be surprised how the Lord will use you to bless others!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment