Knowing Your Priorities and Making Them FirstI love to play around on Facebook. I enjoy checking in with friends and family, getting those wonderfully encouraging Scripture pictures, and laughing at cute animal videos. But sometimes I just have to make myself step back and ignore those posts I look forward to seeing.
You may have heard that it is important for moms to take care of themselves in order to best take care of their families. I definitely agree with that! All too often we put the kids ahead of ourselves, our husbands come first, and the friend groups we are a part of take precedence over what we need.
- We need time to go to the bathroom alone.
- We need time to pamper ourselves.
- We need time to get alone with God, uninterrupted.
- We need time to refresh and renew our minds.
- We need time to build our faith.
- We need time to feel pretty.
- We need time to feel that we are of high value to our families and to God.
- We need time for us!
As the weekend approaches, don't feel like you have to say "Yes!" to everything, to LIKE and comment on every friend or family member's Facebook/Instagram/Twitter update, or to always be available for others. Remember to take time for yourself to feel pampered, loved, and valued as a daughter of the Most High God. Make YOU a priority in your life!