Monday, September 22, 2014

Knowing It's Okay to Take Time Off

Have you ever forgotten to move the laundry from the washer to the dryer? That smell is not a particularly pleasant one! What about forgetting about something cooking on the stove or in the crockpot? Eww! Too many things going on are sure to bring mishaps with one or more of them!



Most moms I know try to do a lot in their normal, everyday lives. They homeschool, are involved in church activities, possibly involved in their children's outside activities, participate in Bible studies, prepare weekly menus, clean the house, and some work outside the home on top of all the things they do for their family!

I fall into many of these things, too. But sometimes we need to take a step back and say, "I need to take care of me instead of  continuing to (insert that thing you can or probably SHOULD step back from for a bit!)" and we need to know it's okay to take some time off. That can be difficult to do, but it is oftentimes necessary.

That's where I am at with Super Mom the Illusion. I know it has ministered to many of you over the past three years. But I have neglected some areas of my life that I know God has called me to do. I love to write these blog posts because they not only speak to the situations of many women, moms and homeschoolers but they also allow me to work through some of those things in my own life in which God needs me to listen to Him more.

What does all this mean for Super Mom the Illusion?
Well, I have decided that I need to take a break. So while there may be a weekly post here and there or some SHARING of things via Facebook, I will not be posting regular posts. I will start up again in January 2015 with a new logo and more and more things to encourage, empower, engage and entertain you as women, moms and homeschoolers!
What can you do in the next few months? 
Pray for me, send me emails if you need me to pray for you, and listen to the Lord for anything else He would have you do during this hiatus. If you find yourself in need of some encouragement, read back on the past blog posts. I've gathered three years of my own experiences as a mom and homeschooler and those things are just waiting to be shared with you and others!

So while it is not what I would like to do, I know taking some time off from writing is necessary. Don't be discouraged! I'll finish posting this month and start my break in October!
What things are you continuing to do in your life that maybe need to be temporarily put on the back burner?

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment