Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

Another week is coming to a close. How did it go? Are you keeping your goals in front of you?

This week I started back to the gym. I really enjoy going, but I find I lack motivation to do anything more than the treadmill. I go to the gym alone and as much as I have the motivation to go and walk and jog, I feel that is my world of protection from the other gym attendees.  I'm not a die hard muscle builder, runner, weight lifter or even body sculptor. I just like walking and watching TV or listening to my tunes and I can't do that at home.
But I don't know how to find motivation to venture beyond the security of my treadmill with its defined but open walls. Has anyone else experienced this? I've asked friends to come, but they aren't available when I can go.

Today, my confession is that I like to be isolated sometimes! I like to be in my own little world closed off from others. And that's okay! I get to spend time with God in the midst of the crowd! 
So much of what I do involves being with people and I do enjoy being with a variety of friends, family, ages and groups. But I think for me, secretly, I don't WANT anyone to come with me to the gym! I want to be there for me...alone.

What about you? Are there times you long to be with people and times you want to be left alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment