Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

Over the past few weeks, life has been busy for our family. In fact it's been so busy that I only recently realized that I wasn't spending time in the Word like I had been. I have stopped doing my Bible College lessons, too. When did that happen? I don't even remember stopping school! But it happened...

Getting back into regularly reading my Bible was tough at first. I had to make a conscious decision to just do it every day first thing. Getting back on track with my school is the same way. There are just times we have to make up our minds that no matter what, we're just going to do it and not get hung up if we miss a day here and there. It's more than getting back into the habit of reading again. It's purposing to spend time with God to cultivate a relationship with Him and making the time to talk and listen to Him.

Soon, we'll be back on track with our time with the Lord and getting our priorities set. Don't worry about how or when to start. Just do it! Right here, right now. Read your Bible. Get back into school. Open that book once more and finish reading it...or writing it!


Wherever you are, God doesn't want you to play catch-up or try to get back all the ground you've lost. He just wants you to start devoting yourself to Him again, making Him a priority in your life, and taking the time every day to being with Him. It easy...just do it!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment