Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

Last Sunday, a man visited our church for the first time. He was overwhelmed by the presence of the anointing there and at the end of service commented that the teaching was powerful. It was then that I realized how comfortable I had become with being at church in the presence of the Lord, but not feeling the passion I once had.

I asked the Lord to forgive me for allowing that flame that was ignited many years ago when I was a new Christian to die down. The fire wasn't out completely, but it wasn't as big and bright as it had once been. His mercies are new every morning, though! So I prayed that He would reignite the passion for pursuing Him again.



The Lord meets us right where we are, too. Just like the father of the Prodigal Son, all He wants is for us to come running back to Him. If you feel as though you've become comfortable with the Lord and the fire has died down, ask Him to refresh that in you, to renew the passion He put in you when you first became a Believer!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment