Monday, October 19, 2015

Dare to Dream!

This weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to go to a women's conference hosted by one of my favorite speakers. Her sister is one of my other favorite speakers, too. Anyway, the weekend was infused with a powerful message to dare to dream and to allow God to cause your dreams to come to pass. I know we have discussed vision and dreams and goals before, but this weekend something lit up inside me. It was more than just acting on emotion. Let's face it, some of those motivational speakers can really rev you up...until you get home and back into reality. But this was different.

This time I felt a nudge from the Lord. I believe He was telling me it's time to kick it up a notch, as Emeril Lagasse likes to say. I can't merely continue in the complacency I've gotten comfortable with in writing. I have to be willing to do something to take this vision and dream of mine to the next level.

Sisters, I want to encourage you, too, that the Lord has given you visions, dreams and goals because He sincerely wants to see you succeed in them and have what you have put your faith on! I don't know what that is for you. Maybe it's writing a book, speaking to a particular group of people, saving for a special vacation, increasing your household finances, losing weight, becoming more bold in sharing the Gospel of Jesus. Whatever you had a passion for an pushed to the back burner of your life, God gave you that dream, that passion for a reason. He wants to use you for the Kingdom and now is the time!

In the coming weeks, I'm going to talk about creating our vision boards once again. This time, we want to celebrate the victories as they happen to each one of us! So let's get ready for an online vision board party! Walt Disney once said "If you can dream it, you can do it!" And Dr. Dave Martin, a Christian motivational speaker, said, "It (your vision, dream, goal, passion) has to be seeable before it is believable!" In other words, you have to see it in your mind before you can believe you can achieve it. Habakkuk 2:2 says, "Write the vision and make it plain." Read on to the next verse (this is powerful)...

You have to write the vision, make it plain and focus on it knowing it will come at the right time!

In the next few weeks, I'm going to talk about how to make a vision board and explain more why a vision board is so important for you in your life.

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment