Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

This week, as you probably noticed, I took most of the week off from my blog. I am gearing up to go to a wonderful women's conference, and I'm expecting good things. In order to prepare for this conference, I wanted to make sure I finished up my typical end of the week tasks, spent time with my husband who will be driving his route while I'm gone, and took time to allow the Lord to work in me those things I will need to be willing and ready to hear from Him.

I confess that while I am willing, I wasn't sure I was quite ready to accept ANYTHING the Lord wanted to do. But I kept coming back to this quote--"Do it afraid!" You know being willing to go to Africa and actually having to GO are two very different things! Well, the Lord wouldn't give me something that wouldn't be for my good and His glory, so I decided today that I AM willing to do whatever it is He requires of me at this conference. I have no idea what that means! It might mean to lead someone to the Lord as we make the drive from Colorado to Texas. It might mean that I have to give something up that is distracting me from my calling. Or it might mean that I am going to be used in a way I cannot even think or imagine! I just don't know! But I do know the Lord is a loving God and He won't let any harm come to me.

So today and Saturday, I'll go where I'm called and do what He asks of me...even scared.


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment