Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

The past two weeks we've been praying about what the Lord has planned for us in 2016. We'll soon begin to get things set in order to create our vision boards, too! And that is just what my confession is about today...I'm so excited thinking about the things to come in the New Year, that I think I'm beginning to live in the future and not in the present. I don't want to do that, though.

How many times have we so looked forward to an event, a trip, a particular day coming that it seems all we focus on is THAT day, and we begin to miss out on the everyday blessings right in front of us? I know that I have had that happen. I so looked forward to a trip, that I forgot to plan things leading up to that day! Then I seemed to rush to play catch-up and get back on track. Well, as much as I am wanting to get started on my vision board and focusing on that more and more, I have to reign myself in, like wild horses. I can't let my ideas and thoughts of the future guide me. Just picture a bunch of wild horses running. Nothing guides them; they just run! I can't do that! I have to have a plan and focus on what God has for me.  I MUST lean on the Lord and the direction of the Holy Spirit in order to set myself up for success for this year because this year isn't over yet, so I can't move on to the things of next year yet!
Used with permission from Pixaby
So, what are you looking forward to that might be stealing your time from living in the present? Do you need to reign in your own "wild horses"?


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment