Monday, October 26, 2015

Vision Boards: Preparing for Your Vision

I am so excited to be talking to you about starting to create your vision boards! I am going to begin working on mine, too, as we get closer to the New Year, so don't think you have to go out and get the answers to your questions right away. You may be wondering "How do I know what my vision is?", "I don't know if I can really accomplish this dream.", or "I don't even know where and how to begin!"

Well, today we're going to begin to prepare for creating our vision boards. And the best place to start is in prayer. In the coming weeks, ask God what His plans are for you. Ask Him to reveal them to you as you go throughout your day, during your daily devotional time, and as you sleep. This is where I get the first glimpses into what the Lord has for me for the coming year! As you hear from the Lord, begin to write things down and don't stop and look over what you've written. Often times this is when we will say, "Oh, why did I write that?! I can't possibly achieve that! I'll cross it off my list of things the Lord has for me in the coming year." As soon as your carnal man sees that it isn't possible in the flesh, it will begin to protest and reason with why that thing is even there. Don't let yourself listen! Allow your spirit and the Spirit of God to communicate and "hear" from the Lord what He has for you. 

Jesus said, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5, NKJV). And finally, Matthew 19:26, "But Jesus looked at them and said to them, 'With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" He didn't say only the things we think we can do. He didn't say only the things other people think are practical. He didn't say as long as these things fall into a certain category. He said with God ALL things are possible.

In the next few weeks, just wait on the Lord. Listen to what He's saying to you about 2016 and the things He's going to do for you! This is going to be your BEST year yet!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment