Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday 'Fess Up

A few months ago, I felt the Lord prompting me to talk to a former employer. You see, I had worked for him doing mostly social media posts and insurance items. He asked that I call some patients from home, but I didn't call all those on the list. I had completely overcommitted myself. My dogs were sick with parvovirus (one of those pups died), and I simply let the work I had said I would do, fall by the wayside. Even worse, I never called, emailed, or messaged my employer, my friend, to let him know what was going on! I had failed in so many ways.

But when I heard the Lord speaking to me, telling me I needed to go to this man and apologize, I hesitated. I didn't know if it was the right time, it certainly didn't feel like it, so I ignored the Lord. Well, my confession is two-fold today. First, I disobeyed the Lord. You see, even delayed obedience is disobedience really. Think about when you ask your child to do something. What happens when they either don't want to do it or ignore you altogether? I know when I ask my kids to do something and they don't, I get irritated and frustrated with them! Our Father God is no different with us. Maybe not the irritated part, but I'm sure He is disappointed when we don't quickly obey.
Second, I did talk to this man as the Lord prompted. He was very nice about everything. I told him there was no excuse but I did want him to know what had gone on and that I did want to rectify things with him, if that was possible. He accepted my apology, forgave me, and we've reconciled our professional relationship. It occurred to me then that had I obeyed sooner, our relationship would have been restored soon. But because of my delayed obedience, I had caused a delay in this restoration! 

How many things would have been repaired, restored, renewed, recovered, or refreshed had I only obeyed the Lord when I first heard him speak to me?


Have you been in a similar situation? While you can't go back and obey immediately, you can obey the first time you hear the Lord from here on out. It takes practice. It takes discipline. It takes a commitment to obey the Lord. It requires you to make a choice to obey immediately.

Have a blessed weekend!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment