Thursday, June 13, 2013

Book Review--The Promise Box

I like to read...a LOT!  I read non-fiction, science fiction, action, Christian fiction, Christian fantasy fiction (that's a new one for me!), but I had never read Amish fiction.  I was hesitant, honestly, because I like suspense, mystery and a little romance thrown in.  Well, I am so glad I continued reading this book because it had all of those things packed into it!
The Promise Box is a story of finding a true relationship with the Lord.  The characters are easy to relate to, and the story deals with real-life current events and situations that I had either experienced myself or knew someone who had.  Tricia Goyer does an amazing job of painting the scenes in West Kootenai, Montana and making the reader feel at home with the setting and the people.  Her descriptions of everyday life in an Amish community highlight the devotion to the Lord.  The story is written is such a way that the reader wants to know how it all turns out.  I fell in love with Gideon, the main male character.  Is it possible there are really men out in the world like him? I can't wait to read more in her Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors series!

No comments:

Post a Comment