Tuesday, June 11, 2013

TIP TUESDAY! Housekeeping

Simplifying Housekeeping

Good Morning!
Today, we're sharing tips on simple housekeeping and tips to make this sometimes all-day event more efficient.  
One of the first things I do is decide on a schedule and create "zones" in my home.  For example, one zone is kitchen, one is living room and front entry, another is bathrooms, and finally bedrooms.  Next, I make a list of the things that need to be done in each zone.  This can be a short, what-do-I-need-to-do-to-make-my-home-presentable list or an all inclusive Spring Cleaning list.  If you have children or a spouse, you might also delegate zones for them to help with so you can accomplish more in other areas.  Finally, keep inventory on the cleaning supplies you will need in order to clean hardwood floors, flat top cook surfaces,and mirrors, for example.
I make my own cleaning products from recipes I've found online.  Some of my favorites have come from my friend, Stacy, at www.stacymakescents.com!  Here are some cleaning product ideas from her:


What I like most about these ideas is that they are very cost effective and typically safe around pets and children.

So what ideas do you have for cleaning or making the process a bit easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment