Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TIP TUESDAY--Homemade things!

Celebrating Do-It-Yourself Living

Today's Tip Tuesday is all about everything homemade!  As you know from previous posts, I make several of my own cleaning products.  I also make gel candles and glycerin soaps, and I use natural remedies instead of medicine whenever possible.
Here's a link to the blog post about my homemade things: HomeMade
I have also begun making a stain treater and fabric softener since I wrote that post.  The recipes are below:

Fabric Softener


  • 6 cups hot water
  • 2-3 cups of vinegar (use the lesser amount if the vinegar odor is too strong and you smell like a salad!)
  • 2 cups of Suave or White Rain (or like product) hair conditioner in a pleasing scent


Mix the conditioner and water together until the conditioner is completely dissolved.  Add the vinegar stirring as you do.  Store in an air tight container letting it sit for at least 2 hours before using.  Can be used in the washer in the fabric softener dispenser or a Downy ball or submerged a washcloth in the mixture, ring out, and throw in the dryer with clothes as a fabric softener sheet!




Stain Treater (From One Good Thing by Jillee

  • 2/3 cups Dawn Dishwashing Liquid
  • 2/3 cups ammonia
  • 6 Tablespoons baking soda
  • 2 cups warm water
Mix together in a spray bottle.  Use for laundry, curtains, sheets, towels, and I used this on my daughter's mattress after our dog had an "accident."   Just spray on and let stand for a few minutes and wash as usual for laundry.  We wiped the mattress off with a damp cloth and no odor or stains remain!

What hints do YOU have to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment