Monday, June 24, 2013

Pursuing Excellence

Seeing Beyond the Level of a Job Well Done

There are many areas in my life that I feel I do a pretty good job.  I keep the dishes washed and put away; keep the kitchen clean; make the bed every morning; get the kids up for our homeschooling day; and allow opportunities for learning in innovative ways.  But are my daily chores living up to excellence?  Or am I just doing a "good enough" job?  Many days, I feel like it is the latter.  But it's my attitude and my pursuit of doing a more excellent job; not a perfect job, but always striving for better.  
(C) HarveyMacKay.com















So how can I work on achieving a more excellent level of doing my job?  One way, is through encouragement, support and ideas from others.  In this era of technology, the most widespread means of gleaning from others who have "been there, done that" is through blogs.  Honestly, I have several that I read weekly because I know that they are uplifting, encouraging and most importantly, make me aware of the fact that I am not alone in my feelings, thought, or concerns throughout my homeschooling journey and homemaking.  You can find a blog about any topic you might be interested in, too.
Some of my favorite blogs are:
  • Stacy Makes Cents
  • Thankful Homemaker
  • So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler?
  • Choose NOW Ministries
  • The Purposeful Mom
What does God's Word say about excellence?

  • Ecclessiastes 7:12:  For wisdom is a defense as money is a defense; but the excellence of knowledge is that wisdom gives life to those who have it.
  • 1 Corinthians 2:1:  And I, brethren, when I came to you, I did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
  • 2 Corinthians 4:7:  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not us.

Dictionary.com defines excellence as this:
     The state of excelling; superiority.
Synonyms are:  
     distinction goodnessgreatnessmeritperfection, purityquality
virtueworth


(C) Captured Memories 365.com
















I don't necessarily like the word "perfection," but I believe it is something good to strive for in our daily lives, whether working in the home or away from home, with our homemaking, in our relationships, homeschooling, finances, and our relationship with the Lord.  That is what I am doing, striving to be better than I was.  And you can begin making excellence your goal, too!  

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment