Friday, September 20, 2013

Discovering Your Vision

Question and Answer Time

Wondering how to discover your vision?  Here are some questions to ask yourself and to meditate on as you seek the Lord and ask Him to reveal your calling to you.

  • What job, career or profession would I like to do, even if I wasn't getting paid to do it?
  • Is there a specific group of people I tend to be drawn towards at church, work, and social activities?
  • Who are the people in my sphere of influence?
  • What hobbies do I find myself going to when I have free time?
  • What were some of the dreams I had as a child?
  • What did I pretend most as a child (teacher, adventurer, boxer, rocketry, etc. NOT an exhaustive list, but think back to your childhood to what sorts of things you played!)?
  • Is my current job what I want to do or what I have to do to earn a paycheck?
  • If I could make money at it, I would really like to_____________?
  • The group(s) of people I want to talk to about Jesus include_______________________?
  • What is one thing I can do TODAY to start me in the direction of reaching these people for the Kingdom of God?
As you prayerfully and honestly answer these questions, do you see a pattern?  Do you see a particular group that you have a natural tendency to gravitate toward in social settings?  Find as many commonalities as possible because all those things will reveal your vision and assignment from the Lord!

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment