Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Waiting for the Bottom to Drop Out?

Stop Letting Satan Lie to You About Your Circumstances

Every day is a walk of faith in the Lord.  We trust Him to provide for us, to protect us, keep us safe in our comings and goings, and to get us through to wake up to a new day.  It is easy for me to lose sight of just what He is doing in my life when things are going well.  Oh, I give Him praise and glory and honor for it, but I think sometimes I take for granted that things have been going pretty well in my life.  
Recently, I mentioned that we were able to purchase a new-to-us minivan.  The conditions were what we asked for and more.  The insurance didn't go up more than a few dollars a month, and it is a relief to have a vehicle we feel safe traveling in to see our children and grandchildren.  Besides that, we have been thinking about getting a phone for our family photography business separate from our cell phones.  We were literally given favor with that purchase and needed no money up front.  That is always a plus for me!  But last night, I found myself giving into panic and allowed my thoughts to carry me from the faith that God is my provider.
Monday morning, when my husband received his paycheck, it seemed as though the bottom had fallen out, just as I thought it might.  But you know what?  I allowed that expectation to creep into my life and created lies and fears that I shouldn't have.  As Christians, we need to walk by faith, not by what we see in the natural!  Not by what we see in our bank accounts, not by what we see going on with our health, not by the lack that we can see permeating our country.  We need to see what God sees:  righteous, prosperous people living for Him! 
(C) firstcovers.com
Remember this, too:  God can change your circumstances (and MINE!) overnight Just as he did for Joseph in Genesis, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshech and Abednego, Mary and Joseph, Elizabeth, Samuel, Aaron, Moses and so many others!  What we are looking at today, can be turned around 180 degrees by tomorrow.  We can experience living life in favor instead of waiting for the bad things to come.  In fact, we know trials will come as John said, "In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties.  But take heart! I've conquered the world!" (John 16:33, The Message).



No comments:

Post a Comment