Monday, September 9, 2013

Don't Listen to the Lies

The Enemy Can't Get to You If You Listen to the Father Instead

Last week I was feeling overwhelmed.  I usually plan well during a holiday weekend, and I'm a doer when it comes to getting things accomplished.  But this week I felt as though I was letting a lot of people down at nearly every turn.  I TRIPLE booked my Saturday morning events and had to choose which one I attended since they all occurred at the SAME.TIME. (How does that even happen?!).  I offered to photograph a new little family who welcomed their first baby, but I had to decline running errands with my mother to do the photo shoot.  And then I dropped the ball in getting some homeschooling paperwork to a potential new homeschooling family because my day got too hurried, and I forgot.  I remembered at 9:30 p.m.! 
(C) www.clingingtothevine.com
I began to get down on myself.  I don't like to let people down and strive to walk in integrity, doing what I say I'm going to do.  But last week, I listened to the voice of the enemy lying to me and telling me that I was disappointing others.  My husband was a great comfort as he held me while I cried, and he told me that I needed to stop listening to that voice because it wasn't God talking to me.  That was just the reminder I needed to hear.  I have to focus on the Voice of Truth, not the Father of Lies!

No comments:

Post a Comment