Thursday, September 19, 2013

Favor Flood

What Are You Expecting?

We've talked a little bit about favor floods of the Lord.  When good things, God things, begin to come more and more in your life, how to you respond?  I can tell you, I get overwhelmed!  Almost to the point that I can't breathe, and I begin to cry.  I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that is what happens to me when the Lord pours out His favor on my husband and I and our family.  If you ask him, my husband will tell you I look him and tears flow. 
The other day, as we experienced a favor flood after the devastating river flooding in our area, I began to meditate on just what I was expecting from a favor flood.  I mean, why does it overwhelm me so much?  Why do I cry?  Was this not what I was expecting from the Lord?!  The plain truth is that as much as I trust that the Lord has good things in store for me, I don't believe it.  So when favor and blessings begin to flow, I get overwhelmed because I wasn't really expecting it to happen.
Now, how do I change my thinking to believe what the Lord says He will do?  First, you need to get into the Word and let it speak to your spirit.  I say this as a reminder to myself mainly.  My best friend will call me and ask if I want to go for a ride and run errands.  Often, this turns into us having lunch out, her treat!  I don't expect her to take me to lunch each time, but I know her personality is to spoil me a little.  I know her.  However, I have put off my daily walks with the Lord and because of that I've let my relationship decline.  That's why when He blesses me, even after I've prayed for favor, I get so overwhelmed.  I don't know my Father God like I should.  
When I pray and ask for favor, I also need to expect it.  Why would I pray for something and not expect it to come to pass?!  Have you watched children make a Christmas list for Santa or even a "Wish List" for parents detailing what their greatest desires are for presents?  That's what we need to be like!  I'm not saying we make a big list of things we want God to give us, don't misunderstand me!  What I am saying is that with that sense of genuine expectation we need to ask the Lord.  He says, "Whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you." (John 16:23)  Come boldly to the throne of grace and ask.  In 1 John 5:14 we read, "Now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."  When you pray and ask the Lord for favor or the right job or for healing or financial provision, know that He hears you!  And in hearing your requests, He will answer you.

Blessings!








No comments:

Post a Comment