Monday, January 13, 2014

Managing Mondays

Starting the Week Off with the Right Attitude

     You see it every Monday on Facebook. The inevitable posts about "hating Mondays" or the picture of the baby crying with the caption, "Oh, no! It's Monday again?" I know I am guilty of just scrolling past those because I've gotten so used to seeing them and have even come to expect them. But why and how did we become so numb to facing the new week in such a negative manner?
     I like to look at Mondays as the start of a new week full of new opportunities to hear from the Lord, to share the gospel with others, and to have a fresh outlook on my vision and calling. Every day, including Mondays, we can make a choice to welcome the day, and we can make it a day dedicated to doing what God has called us to do for His Kingdom.
     Instead of greeting Mondays with a strong dislike, how about we meditate on the Word as we start each week? Joshua 1:8 says, "This Book of the Law shall not depart out of my mouth, but I shall meditate on it day and night, that I may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then the Lord shall make my way prosperous, and then I shall deal wisely and have good success."

     My personal Scripture verse for the year is this:
"And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were intentional in doing a year ago; but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have."--2 Corinthians 8:10-11

     What have you begun? What were you intentional about doing a year ago? Have you done it? It's not too late, but there is a necessity to complete it. So why not begin today...and every Monday! 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment