Tuesday, January 21, 2014

TIP TUESDAY: Getting Young Kids Involved in Chores

As a mom of eight children, I wanted to make sure I taught them each to be responsible and helpful members of our family. One way my husband and I did that was to assign age-appropriate chores to the kids. Even the younger ones who weren't reading yet were able to understand the chores they were to do! You may be asking how this was possible without mom constantly reminding little non-readers what to do. Simple. We made picture chores charts!
Source: My Name is Snickerdoodle

You can purchase pre-made charts, but our friends at Organized Chaos Online show us how simple it is to make visual chore charts instead!
This also works well for older folks who might do better with visual cues for daily activities, so consider how you might help a parent with their chores using this method, too.

For the complete details, visit: Organized Chaos Online!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment