Thursday, January 9, 2014

Taking Care of Yourself

We All Deserve A Break Today

Recently I was talking with a few of my girlfriends about how much we have taken on in the past few months. Sometimes as moms and women in general, we just get overwhelmed and need a break. And that's okay! (Calgone take me away!)
(C)Designbasics.com
I know I have times when one child needs help with math while I'm scheduling blogs and another one needs to be taken to work and still another one needs to talk about how she is going to pay her performing academy tuition. Then my husband needs me to run and pay a few bills and soon I must consider what to make for dinner, plan the next day's schedule, and make sure I completed my online class assignments on time. We do a LOT throughout the day and sometimes, we just need a recharge.
My friend referred to it as airing out our brains. How true that is! We have so much going on not only in our lives but in our minds as well. We need to air out our thoughts and allow the Lord to refresh us and think only of what He has for us each day.
First Thessalonians 5:23 says, "The God of peace Himself sactifies me through and through [separates me from profane things, makes me pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and my spirit and soul and body are preserved sound and complete [and will be found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
We need those time-outs from the things of this world so we can refresh our minds and spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment