Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

This week was another one of those weeks where I was running my kids all over the Denver metro area for school concerts and actual school. I say it every year that maybe next year we won't do this supplemental school. Maybe it's just become too much of a drive, too inconvenient to spend a day in another town with my mom and daughter, too much of a hassle to get the kids up at 6:15 a.m.

But then, the end of the school year comes. And my kids are so proud of their academic and artistic accomplishments. And I really do like all of their teachers and have built a special bond and friendship with them over the past seven years. And I know my kids are benefitting from these experiences with their like-minded peers. And I know I'm benefitting from having the ability to spend a whole day with my mom and daughter.



It's not about how inconvenienced I feel. My kids and husband and I chose this school. It's not about driving 25 miles to the school. I enjoy the venues I can explore in the area. And it's not about waking my kids up earlier on school days. They want to go! It's about finding something that works for our family and points us to the same end goal we've had for years in our homeschooling journey: to support our kids in the path they choose and engage their thirst for learning.

Can you relate to my situation? What choices have you made that you sometimes think about stopping but never do?

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment