Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

Have you ever noticed that it's easier to praise God in the good times than when you're going through the trials of life? For me, I WANT it to be just as normal an action that I praise Him during the rough spots, those times that only He can get me out of a situation and the times there is nothing I can do in my power to solve the problem as I do when I'm feeling really good about what He's done in my life. But I have to confess, that's a struggle for me.

I have to consciously remind myself to praise Him when I'm trudging through the mucky areas of life. I have found that when I struggle with wanting to speak things about my situation like, "I'll never get through this," or "this will never end," I need to shut my mouth...literally! And if I can't keep my confession aligned with the Word of God, it's best not to say anything but to just cry out to Jesus.


I also comfort my spirit with the knowledge that if I'm going through a trial from Satan that feels like it's pushing me almost to my breaking point, I must be heading for a breakthrough and I must be doing something that is making Satan take notice of me! Praise the Lord! 

In 2 Samuel 5:17 we read that David had similar experiences. Even Paul in the New Testament tells us we'll all have trials in life. Check out these verses:

  • Romans 5:3
  • 1 Peter 1:6
  • James 1:2
  • 1 Peter 4:12
  • Revelation 3:10
It's a battle we are in when trials come. Satan wants to try to shake us away from the comfort, peace and love of the Father. But it's up to us to decide to hold tight to Him and listen to only what HE says about us and our situations!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment