Monday, May 25, 2015

The Lord Our Redeemer

Have you ever made a decision and then later, felt restless or even anxious about the choice you've made? Maybe you can't sleep that night or your heart aches afterward. Just me? That's what I'm feeling as I write this post this morning. You see, I made a decision based on emotion to make a particular purchase. I could have waited and used the money in other areas, but I didn't. I had the support of my husband when I made the decision, too. But that does not ease my anxiousness right now.

But the Word of God says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;" (Philippians 4:6, NKJV). We can come to Him and He will give us peace and calm that restlessness and anxiety within us. It also says, "He works all things together for good to those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). 

We reap what we sow in our lives. But even when we make a bad decision, God is always there to see us through to the other side. Joel 2:12 says, “Now, therefore,” says the Lord, Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” His grace and mercy cover us. We are not condemned by our poor choices either. That condemnation, feelings of guilt, that comes from Satan! In the Word we see that,Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), (Galatians 3:!3, NKJV). 

If you have made a poor decision recently or even a while ago and it is still troubling you, apply the verses above to your life. Speak them over yourself and cry out to Jesus. Don't be fearful of the consequences, for God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7), "...And be sure of this, I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment