Monday, May 18, 2015

When The Lord Begins to Change You

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to hear from a wonderful man of God. During the service, he prayed over several of us. That moment for me was something I will not forget quickly! The power of God came over me and I felt a peace like I've never felt before. It was powerful, moving, and comforting to me. As the service ended, we were told to use that impartation, as commanded by God in Mark 16:17-18, "...they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover."

The next week I didn't take the opportunity to pray with someone for healing. I didn't think about it when I was talking to a friend who wasn't feeling well, and I didn't look for the opening like I should have. Satan then tried to tell me lies. Things like I didn't really have anything imparted to me, I have too little faith to believe for a person's healing, and that I lost my opportunity to lay hands on someone and see them healed. (Can anyone relate?!)


Well, I didn't buy into his lies. I asked God the next week to give me a specific opportunity to pray with someone for their healing and He did! I prayed for a dear friend's hands. She makes tortillas at a local fast food restaurant, and her hands had been hurting all day. She called me later that evening to let me know her hands had stopped hurting and haven't been painful as they had been earlier in the day.

It was a wonderful thing to be used by God, and it was exactly what He said would happen in His Word!

This week, if you know the Lord is working on you, you're changing, the Holy Spirit is doing something in you and through you, don't listen to the lies of Satan! He wants to distract you and pull you from the Father. But those who believe in Him shall be saved! No weapon formed against you shall prosper!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment