It's true. Sometimes when we go after so many things, pride is often involved. I'm not saying that is the case every time. But I would like to encourage you to prayerfully consider WHY you are going after some of the goals in your own life.
- Do the goals move you closer to your calling?
- Do they align with the goals of your family?
- Do they align with what the Bible says?
- Are you doing this thing just so you can say you did it?
- Will this goal move you or through you move others closer and further in to the Kingdom and the work you're called to do?
I know it's tough to evaluate yourself and the things you're doing and why you're doing them. Believe me, I know it's incredibly difficult to see the real reasons. But once you come to terms with the "whys," you'll be able to prioritize what things you choose to pursue in life.
This week, write down the things you're pursuing and ask yourself the questions above. I can definitely tell you, once you are wholeheartedly and passionately sold out to serving the Father and giving Him ALL areas of your life, the priorities will become clear.
"Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things will be added to you."