Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

My confession today is that I found the rest in faith that comes with work. I had been stressing over a situation that I had no real control over. It was causing me to lose sleep, trying to figure contingencies or perhaps even a solution to the issue. Again, I had no real control over this issue!

Well, our message at church was on trying to do things in our own power and that even the service we're called into becomes overbearing, overwhelming, and burdensome because we try to do things on our own. When we believe in faith that the solution is already there, we can enter into His rest knowing it's taken care of. 

I had never allowed myself to do that. I am a bit of a control freak and problem solver, so coming up with an answer was driving me and motivating me. But it was steering me in the wrong direction away from the Lord.

The phrase "Let go and let God" is powerful! If we give up our power, especially over things we have NO CONTROL OVER, then we can enter into His rest.


What have you struggled with this week? What have you given to God and rested in?

Have a blessed weekend!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment