Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

If you read my blog regularly, you know that I've been sharing with you how important it is to quit those things that are not pointing us toward our vision, goal, or dream. Well, a few days ago, I decided that I needed to "practice what I preach." It was a decision that I had to make. And I'm glad I did.

I've struggled for several weeks with continuing on in a position at the state level of my youth organization. Sure, it would position me better. But it really wasn't about me and what level I could attain. God will see to that, I now know. It was about being diligent and staying the course with my youth kids. I tell almost of them every week that they are my favorites! And each one of them is.

I know what it's like to want to do this and do that and keep so very busy. But I also know and believe that God gives us His very best in life, jobs, positions, organizations, etc.. Sometimes stepping down, out, or even off of a position is really what is best for us at some point in time. And so that is just what I did. I resigned. For the first time in a few months, I have felt very much at peace with that decision. I know that I could have done the job. But it's more than that. I also know that it wasn't the time for me to be in that position.

So this weekend, prayerfully consider that position, job, or thing you've been trying to cause to happen and see if it really fits into your vision, goal, and dream. If it doesn't, ask the Lord to help you know when and how to move out of that situation. I promise you He won't let you down!


Have a blessed weekend!


Lyn~



No comments:

Post a Comment