Monday, April 4, 2016

Is Your Life Out of Focus Because of Distractions?

We've talked about things like this a bit before. But yesterday, during church, the message was about this very thing, but with a different view. I'd like to share that with you today.
Have you noticed that some of the things you're doing in life, things that keep you busy and create a culture of busyness in your life are becoming overbearing and burdensome?  Well, there is a reason for that!

If Satan can't distract you with things away from the Kingdom, he will try to overwhelm you with the Lord's work! Don't give him room to wear you down in the work you're doing. He wants to move you from faith into just doing works! But the Word says we can't please God without faith (Hebrews 11:6).

Ask yourself these questions:

  • Do I really know what God's will is for my life?
  • Am I trying to do things on my own?
  • Am I doing things that aren't important according to God's will for my life?
  • What does God want me to do?
  • Are My priorities HIS priorities?
The good news is that once you know God's will for your life, there is rest and all the chaos and feelings of being overwhelmed and burdened will cease! We can rest in knowing that God is taking care of the things we have wasted time worrying about. 

Matthew 6:33-34 says, "Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes (The Message).


Let's pray together:

Father, I ask you to show each of us what it is you want us to do in our lives. Highlight the things in our lives that should go. As we seek you, may we find out Your will for our lives and find rest in our faith. Amen.


Lyn~



No comments:

Post a Comment