Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Who's calling?!

Seeking Your Assignment from God

(Originally published on October 18, 2011, two weeks after I began writing Super Mom the Illusion)

When I was a little girl, my twin sister and I would play two things: school and TV news.  When we played school, she was the teacher and I was always the student.  When we played TV News, I was the news anchor and she was the weather girl.  I don't think back then either of us realized that we were effectively playing out our callings from the Lord.  These roles would follow us in our school years, playing out as I wrote research papers on things that interested me and as she tutored kids in our class. 

As we each grew up, we got married and raised our children.  She has three kids and I have eight.  We both homeschooled our children (I'm still in progress!), and we have begun to pursue our career goals: I graduated in 2008 with a degree in journalism and she will graduate this December with a teaching degree.  Obviously, we can look back and see that these are the career goals we were predestined for by God, but some people can't see their calling as clearly.  I certainly didn't see mine as I was in the midst of raising my kids and my husband was working as many as three jobs at a time!  I remember thinking, "How come I don't know what I'm called to do?"  It seemed as though everyone in our church knew what they were called to do except me!  What I didn't realize was that they had inquired of the Lord long before I understood that I needed to do that as well.  They asked, so they received their answers.
I would encourage you to look back to those things of your childhood.  What did you play?  What were your dreams?  God gave you those dreams to prepare you for your future calling!  Ask Him to reveal those things to you today!  Then seek in His Word what He says about you, your job, your calling for the increasing of His kingdom!  You will soon see for yourself that you knew what you were destined to do all along!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment