Friday, October 11, 2013

Speak Life


How Your Words Can Impact Others

(C) hmapr.com
Earlier this week, I was talking to a dear young lady about how some things in her life weren't going the way she had hoped and planned.  She was feeling down and said she felt worthless.  I simply told her, "YOU are of high value!"  She said that no one had ever said that to her before.  It made a big impact on her and gave her a new perspective in the midst of life changes.  
I thought about what I've said to some people in the past few weeks.  Did I encourage them?  Were my words hurtful or supportive?  Condemning or uplifting?  Could I have said something more in love than the way I actually said it?
Our words have power not only to move mountains by faith but to also to speak blessings over others.  As the week draws to a close, take time to think about what you can say to those around you to encourage them, build them up, impact their lives in a positive way like nothing they've experienced before.  Then, let the Lord work on those seeds you've planted.  

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment