Thursday, October 3, 2013

Where You Can Find Other Blogs by Lyn

It's been a while since I shared with you that I not only write the Super Mom the Illusion blog but I also contribute to So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler and have a monthly article over at Choose NOW Ministries!
So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler?So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler (SYCYAH) blog posts offer advice and practical ideas for homeschooling middle school, high school and multiple grade levels.  With 8 children, that last topic kind of became a necessity!  Now that my remaining children are in middle school and high school, writing about my own experiences in those levels just came natural.  
The opportunity to write for Choose NOW Ministries was definitely a God thing!  I am in a Facebook group with Nicole O'Dell, and one day she was looking for someone to fill her radio show slot because another guest had canceled.  I responded and have been with Nicole ever since!  The area I write about is On Mentoring Teens.  
For as long as I can remember, I have had a calling to reach teens in some way.  When my husband and I lived in Georgia, we were the Youth Leaders at our little (and I mean LITTLE) church.  Back in Colorado, we were the Sunday School teachers for 5th grade and also leaders for the KICs (Kids in Christ) group.  Most recently, when we lived in Florida in 2011, I was the Youth Pastor at our church there.  I really love working with youth!  But Satan tried to run me off that path.  I listened to lies for a while that told me I had no business writing about mentoring teens when I have my own prodigal children doing their own things.  And for the most part, I started to believe it.  I even wrote Nicole and told her that while I am passionate about teens and helping them in their walk with the Lord, I didn't feel qualified since some of my adult children had strayed.  She was so very encouraging, and that is one reason I'm still writing.  

If you're homeschooling middle school or high school, I encourage you to visit SYCYAH to learn more about transcripts, integrating supplemental school, and preparing students to transition from middle school to high school.
If you're a parent of a teen or a youth leader, I encourage you to visit Choose NOW Ministries.  There are even some radio interviews I've done with Nicole there, too!

Blessings!

Here are the links to my other articles:

So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler--Lyn Parker

Choose NOW Ministries: On Mentoring Teens



No comments:

Post a Comment