Expect the Unexpected from God
Do you know what the favor of the Lord looks like? Do you know what to expect when God releases the favor flood in your life? I certainly didn't know the answers to those questions until a few years ago.
So let's talk about what the favor of the Lord looks like. That kind of favor is when someone does something for you that they normally wouldn't do. They might literally say, "I don't usually do this, but..." That is how you will know something is the favor of the Lord. A parking place close to the front door of your church, your favorite shopping store, or somewhere else is the favor of the Lord, too. Financial bonuses that were unexpected are the favor of the Lord. And promotions to higher positions at work, school or organizations without asking, voting or inquiring about them are the favor of the Lord!
This is what the favor of the Lord looked like for me over the past few weeks:
- I was asked to be a co-editor of a magazine based in Colorado
- There was an open space at the parking lot of my grocery store that was right at the front!
- I received a check out of the blue
- Because of my faithfulness with one of the organizations I belong to, I was asked to take on an additional role (increased position at work!)
These things, of course, didn't happen in one day nor did they happen one right after another. But they are events in which I can distinctly see God's hand. Psalm 90:17 says, "And let the beauty and delightfulness and favor of the Lord our God be upon us; confirm and establish the work of our hands--yes, the work of our hands, confirm and establish it." That means when His favor is upon us, it will come through in the things we do! Others will see and not be jealous, but will seek the Lord and the foundation of the blessings poured out on us.
Let's look at some of the definitions of FAVOR:
1. something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act: to ask a favor.
2. friendly or well-disposed regard; goodwill: to win the favor of the king.
3. the state of being approved or held in regard: to be in favor at court; styles that are now in favor.
4. excessive kindness or unfair partiality; preferential treatment: to treat some people with favor and others with neglect.
I especially like the definition that says, "To win the favor of the King"! Now, we understand we didn't do anything to win God's favor. Instead, we are His favored, His favorites! We are children of the Most High God, and it's time we start acting like it. Expect to get that parking place close to the front; expect people to do things for you that they would not ordinarily do; expect financial blessings from unexpected sources; and expect these things more and more. That's the favor flood!
YOU are highly favored!!!